If you’re a raw lifter, odds are that you have much more trouble with the bottom of your bench than any other part. When I say “the bottom”, I mean anywhere from chest level to 2 inches off the chest. I myself am not known for my benching power. I’d rather deadlift any day. I […]
- Master your technique. Don’t overlook it because you’re a tough guy.
- Get tighter on the bench. No, that’s not tight enough. Always tighter.
- Don’t forget about tightening your abs
- Bench press in the competition style A LOT. And heavy.
- Focus assistance work on Pause Bench, Pin Press, and Half Board Presses
- Don’t expect the lat work to improve the bottom of your bench
- Exercise some patience. Building the bench can take a long time.
Train like an animal, think like a human.